8 Steps to success
Penny Power is a great tool to encourage people of all ages to work together, to educate them about the needs around the world and to help others at the same time
Here are 8 steps to a successful Penny Power collection.
(Note that an MCC Relief Sale Board must first commit to conducting the project, since it is through relief sales that the funds reach MCC).
- Appoint an individual, committee, or use the present committee (i.e. Publicity, congregational Representative, board) to formulate an action plan.
- Obtain Penny Power resource aids (i.e. posters, wrappers, activity sheets, story books, project videos, Penny Power song) from MCC regional/provincial offices. Use your imagination and make your own posters and progression charts.
- Distribute Penny Power resource aids to churches/ schools/ thrift shops/ Ten Thousand Villages stores, or wherever it is appropriate.
- Ask regional/provincial offices to promote the Penny Power coin collection through their current newsletters
- Keep the churches up-to-date with the project through bulletin inserts and an especially, personal announcements at meetings.
- Ask the church’s Relief Sale representative or an interested individual to help keep the project in the congregation’s view.
- Host a location at the Relief Sale with explanation of project and have people counting coins.
- Dependent on Relief Sale instructions, most of the coin could be counted in churches and checks given to relief sale.